To Our Church
Azalea Park UMC is a multi-generational church founded in 1956 and was one of the first United Methodist Churches established in Central Florida. Our neighborhood has a rich history having been built on the site of the old Cannon Mills Airport in the early 1950’s. Back then, it really was “Orange Groves and Swamp As Far As You Can See” as the saying goes. Today, Azalea Park is a thriving, multicultural neighborhood. We are blessed with a beautiful church thanks to the hard work and generosity of our many members over the years. Our church welcomes you, and your family, to come help us write the next chapter of our story…and yours.
Who are we?
- We are a multicultural congregation close to the heart of the City Beautiful in Orlando, FL committed to making Disciples for Jesus Christ
- We are a Christian congregation with a great and open heart, committed to serving you and our community.
- We are human beings restored by God’s grace, and seeking God’s Kingdom and its righteousness.
- We are not perfect, but want to be better persons with God’s help.
- We are committed to worship and to be transformed by God, through the action of the Holy Spirit, thus with our spiritual gifts and ministries, we might transform our neighborhood in God’s Kingdom.
Our sanctuary and facilities are an Oasis of Peace and we want you to be part of us and to join us in every dimension of church life and ministry; belonging, sharing, nurturing, and serving God and our neighbors.
Were are so glad you have come to Worship with us at Azalea Park!
We are especially happy to have you here if this is was your first time at our church or on our website.
Please fill out our Welcome Card and let us know you were here.
Also, Pastor Miller would really like to meet you, so feel free to drop him a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or introduce yourself after worship.
When you arrive, feel free to park anywhere you’d like. If you’re new, we recommend parking on the north-side (that’s the one with the paved loop) and entering from the covered walkway. Once you’re here, our volunteer ushers will be by the sanctuary door if you need help finding a seat or have any questions. If you want, let them know it’s your first time and they’ll help you fill out a welcome card so we can stay in touch.
- Our Nursery is supervised by warm, loving people with all the supplies needed to care for infants & toddlers. Just let the ushers know and we’ll help you get signed in.
- Sunday School begins at 9:50 am and is open to all school-age children. An usher will help you sign in and walk you to the classrooms.
- Bathrooms are available on either side of the Sanctuary and mid-way down the courtyard, to the right of the Library.
- Handicap-accessibly facilities and the Baby Changing Station are located beside the Fellowship Hall.